Thursday, October 1, 2009

Transition September 2009

Transition September 2009

It has been a joy to be back in California, reuniting with friends and family. It was a bit of an adjustment to some things like easy access to Starbucks, the beach and a cell phone 

I had funny feelings coming home, going from an incredibly busy time of work and ministry, to a time of rest with my family in Minnesota. Then jumping into the job market in California, I became fully aware of the economic struggles I had heard about during my year abroad. While searching for a job, I found the Lord constantly reminding me to trust Him and not to allow fretfulness to take over (after lots of anxious moments). It’s so nice to have Him with us during hard times, not only is He faithful to provide daily necessities, but He provides HIMSELF! What more are we here for than to know Him more and more deeply and be prepared for His very soon return?

One of the most beautiful lessons I have been experiencing is the fulfillment of God’s promises. It’s so funny how we can wait for such a long time for things to happen and then suddenly everything just *plop* falls right into place. It’s so encouraging and exciting to have you praying for me because of the constant power the Lord brings to my spirit as I move forward, which I believe is in response to those prayers.

Praise the Lord for answered prayers:
• I got a job with my former employer in Irvine. This is such a nice, respectable establishment and the exact position I wanted. Best of all I get to start right away!
• He has provided me with good quality transportation, a great home with my dear Grandma, and sweet fellowship.
Praying for these little details:
• Endurance for the long-term (vision, patience, strength)
• Steadfastness in my faith/relationship with Jesus-no more doubting or anxious thoughts!
• Depth of application of the word
• Tuition for the school semesters in the French university

6 comments:

andi said...

Caryn,

Oh, so encouraging to read, it's incredible! And yet, so credible...haha. God is faithful, praise Him for that.I am very happy and excited for you and will continue to pray!
I am doing 45 mins non-stop in my running now! Can you believe it? You better be proud of me! :)
I keep waiting to see you in the dining-room...:(
Miss you and love you.

Abraham and Danielle said...

Oh my dear dear Caryn! I love you....can't wait to see you this weekend! Praise Him! Love, Danielle

caitlin LA said...

carny!

i cannot read this.
it is in a webbings font.
if there is a way you change it- it would be sweet!

i lov eyou!

Caryn said...

Posting went crazy! I'll try again later...

Anonymous said...

Sweet friend. God is so very good. Yeah! We need to do a phone date again soon. Maybe next week?
Miss you and love you dahrling!!!!!!!

Lizzie :)

to_live_is_christ said...

My precious Caryn, I want to write you the lyrics of this song which we both know but has encouraged me deeply lately:

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.